We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but unfortunately a lack of time and imagination can often render breakfast a dull or even neglected morning routine.
In actual fact breakfast should be as important a morning ritual as taking a shower or brushing your teeth! Without breakfast, it has been proven that people can get irritable, restless and tired, but taking just a few minutes to have something to eat can really make a difference to your day. It doesn’t only provide us with the nutrients and physical energy we need to take us through to lunch-time, but also stimulates us mentally.
So here are our top 5 time-savvy tips that will both brighten up that dreary cereal bowl as well as add an extra healthy kick to your morning meal before you tackle the day ahead!
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed in your bowl of oatmeal for brain-boosting omega-3 fats and two extra grams of fiber.
- Spread toast with chocolate nut spread; add chopped pistachios for cholesterol-lowering phytosterols.
- Toss a pinch of ground turmeric into beaten eggs to add earthiness and cancer-fighting antioxidants to a veggie omelet.
- Schmear half a toasted whole-grain bagel with two tablepoons hummus for a creamy topping packed with fiber and filling protein.
- Top pancakes or waffles with one half-cup of mashed raspberries to get more than 20 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.
Click to edit your new post…